by Bret Contreras September 25, 2010
Tons of great stuff this week! The “Internet Whore of the Week” award obviously goes to Eric Cressey – unless you’ve been in hiding in a cave then you know he released his new eBook called “Show and Go.” Somehow Eric conducted dozens of interviews and kicked ass in every one of them. Eric is the real-deal. Smitty from the Diesel Crew created a cool exercise index based off of his numerous Youtube videos. Surprisingly I picked an article off Dr. Mercola’s site as the “Article of the Week.” Here are 126 links for your reading/viewing/listening pleasure.
9. It’s great to see women training hard. In this video, Kellie Davis does: 135 lb 5 rep front squat, 90 lb 20 rep walking lunges, 155 lb 20 rep deadlift, 245 lb 5 hip thrust, 60 lb 10 rep back extension, 26 rep ab wheel roll out (I told Kellie to get her arms outside of her legs when she deadlifts and she’ll be even stronger and reduce the load on her low back)
11. Building quads by Charles Poliquin
21. Mark Young on Facebook etiquette
26. Explosive Push-Pull by P.J. Striet
29. This video is sickening!
41. Big booty girl squatting
43. Five Reasons Why You’re Not Getting Stronger by Eric Cressey (this is a great one)
44. Twitter Etiquette by Mark Young
45. Joe DeFranco trains Brian Cushing
46. Nutrition Basics by Chris Beardsley
63. Chest crush sled dragging by Diesel Crew
64. This guy belongs in a cage!!! He needs to train with some powerlifters and records will be set
65. Awesome thought-provoking Elitefts article on weighted sled work by Ken Vick
66. Great quick Elitefts read: 9 ways to prevent overtraining by Josh Bryant
71. When you train hard over the years, you know when I writer comes along and does the same. Ben Bruno is an up and comer who really “gets it” as far as strength is concerned. For any individual training for general strength, Ben’s blog is a huge resource. Every blog he writes I find myself nodding in agreement. Here’s one on “not sweating the small stuff.”
75. Q & A with Jen Sinkler
77. Franz Snideman breaking down the KB Swing part I
78. Eric Cressey, Chuck Norris, and Yoda by Mark Young…hilarious!
79. Great video of 20-rep squats (these are brutal!)
92. John Romaniello interviews Eric “The Prodigy” Cressey. How many great interviews can one person do in one week?
94. Six muscles you can’t ignore (Men’s Health)
95. Airplanes with Mark Young
100. Fitness isn’t luck!
102. Random stuff by Mark Young. I really like his second thought. It’s always important to keep stuff like this in mind.
107. The strength training makes women big and bulky myth with Tony G.
108. Mike Arone interviews Jimmy Smith
109. Great links by Chris Beardsley
111. The squat on StackTV
112. The lunge on StackTV
116. UFC Fighters training at Joe Dowdell’s Peak Performance facility in NY
118. Martin Rooney shows 3 glute ham raise variations
120. Mike Nelson interviews Will Williams
by Bret Contreras September 22, 2014
Hi Fitness Friends, Here are links to some articles you might want to check out: Force Vector Training Some of my readers will recognize THIS article. I wrote it several...
by Bret Contreras November 04, 2012
I’d like for you to take ten minutes of your time today to watch this video. My friend Charles Staley sent this my way, and it’s excellent. It’s almost as...
by Bret Contreras October 31, 2012
Chris Beardsley has been on an absolute terror lately, cranking out one excellent blogpost after another. Chris is the best in the field at what he does! Click HERE to...
The post Good Reads: Chris Beardsley Biomechanics and Sports Science Articles appeared first on Bret Contreras.
Welcome to the online store of Bret Contreras, considered by many to be the world’s foremost expert on glute training. Here you can purchase Personalised Programming, access to seminars, the Hip Thruster and more.
Sign up to get the latest on sales, new releases and more …