by Bret Contreras October 08, 2010
Is it me or is the strength-training industry getting more badass? Here are a bunch of good reads from the past couple of weeks. There is so much good stuff in here it could turn Pee Wee Herman into Ronnie Coleman overnight! Here are 127 links for which you’d better be grateful – I spent 7 hours on this blog tonight!
Bret Contreras Articles
Article of the Week
6. Patrick Arnold just started up his own blog. You may know him as the Father of Prohormones and the Creator of “The Clear.” Anabolic steroids aren’t my thing but I don’t judge.
7. Mladen Jovanovic just started up his own blog. This guy is crazy smart and is an excellent resource to the strength and conditioning profession. He may in fact be one of the smartest guys in the biz. I definitely recommend that you read his stuff!
8. You Gotta Love a Guy Who Calls Himself Peter “Fucking” Baker and has a Blog Entitled “Death Metal and Deadlifting.” If you enjoy profanity like me, then check out this site. This guy’s as ruthless as they come!
Great Reads/Views for the Week
11. Mr. Olympia highlight reel
14. Mike T. Nelson on pain and how to fix it
16. Mike T. Nelson with an awesome story on Monkeys and Bananas
19. The Arnold Sports Festival is coming up soon!
24. Smitty speaks from the heart about haters in this vid
25. Top Ten Mike Robertson Articles by Chris Beardsley
27. Guest Blog by Arizona Diamondback’s Nathan Shaw on Matt Johnson’s Blog
29. Eric Moss on Toning Your Muscles (Do the Opposite)
30. Leigh Peele Repeats Herself
32. Great Random Tips by Nia Shanks
33. I don’t even know who this person is or where their facility is, but I freakin’ love watching video compilations like these. It makes me feel good to know that out there in the world people are training hard.
36. Chris Beardsley on Macronutrient Digestion
39. It’s Not the Tools, it’s the Process! by Jeff Cubos
41. Mike Tyson Knockouts
47. Skill acquisition
50. Patrick Ward on Assessments – Proactive or Reactive
51. Mark Young – Stuff You May Have Missed
56. StrengthCoach.com Article – Mike Boyle on Improving Foot Speed and Agility
61. Great recap of Patrick Ward’s Meeting with Joe Kenn
63. Mike Arone on the 3 P’s
65. Why McDonalds Food doesn’t Decay
69. Stuart McGill is now Working with this Poor Walrus who Herniated his Discs After this Cruel Trainer Put Him Through a Lousy Workout and Jacked Him Up Real Good
73. Bas Rutten
77. Nia Shanks on Training for Strength, not Just Fat Loss
82. Hannibal for King!
83. Franz Snideman Breaking Down the Swing Part II
85. Are We Afraid of Cardio? by Patrick Ward
89. Great Read by Mark Young on The Lack of Power of Exercise on Weight Loss
93. Farmer’s Handle Rows by Ben Bruno
101. Football Conditioning the Right Way with Joe DeFranco
105. Excellent Blog by Patrick Ward on Hamstrings and Soft-Tissue Treatment
109. Brian Cushing 64 inch Hurdle Jump
113. Why am I so Tired?
115. Redirecting Plyometric Progressions by Joe Bonyai – I love Joe’s videos!!!
116. Elitefts – the Dead Bench
118. Mr. Olympia Highlight Reel
120. Index of Articles Referenced in Alan Aragon’s Research Review Service
by Bret Contreras September 22, 2014
Hi Fitness Friends, Here are links to some articles you might want to check out: Force Vector Training Some of my readers will recognize THIS article. I wrote it several...
by Bret Contreras November 04, 2012
I’d like for you to take ten minutes of your time today to watch this video. My friend Charles Staley sent this my way, and it’s excellent. It’s almost as...
by Bret Contreras October 31, 2012
Chris Beardsley has been on an absolute terror lately, cranking out one excellent blogpost after another. Chris is the best in the field at what he does! Click HERE to...
The post Good Reads: Chris Beardsley Biomechanics and Sports Science Articles appeared first on Bret Contreras.
Welcome to the online store of Bret Contreras, considered by many to be the world’s foremost expert on glute training. Here you can purchase Personalised Programming, access to seminars, the Hip Thruster and more.
Sign up to get the latest on sales, new releases and more …